French Property Insurance

It is essential that you remember to insure your new French property prior to completion.

You can either take over the Vendor’s insurance or use an insurance firm based in the United Kingdom.

The French Insurer will be cheaper but due to the geographic, cultural and language differences you may find them harder to deal with in the event of a claim.

The UK based insurer will cost a little more but you can deal with the claim in English.

Note that some French lenders will insist that you insure your French property with a French Insurance Company.

Useful Information